Bella may be Edward’s own personal brand of heroine, but (yes, Ke$ha) their love is my drug. I’ve been a bookworm for as long as I can remember, but it was the Twilight books (and movies) that got me started on the paranormals. You could say Twilight was my “gateway drug”. *grin* So now, instead of reading things like The Wheel of Time and the New Jedi Order, I read things like Dead as a Doornail and Halfway to the Grave. I read nearly all my books lately on my iphone, so I made a list. At the time of this posting, I have read NINETY (9-0) paranormal romance books since the movie New Moon was released! I figure somewhere in there maybe I have some knowledge that can help someone else decide what books would appeal to them most. Soooo…. VOILA! Gravetells.
I summed all that up much better in my introductory post, so to keep from plagiarizing myself…
To read it, go here!
Here’s how this whole shebang works…
I read a book and if I feel strongly about it one way or another (or just want to review it), I post a review in the feed (Home tab). Each post is tagged with search words to make them easier to find, and each review is categorized by author and series. In the review, these are the things I try to cover:
- A TLDR recap at the top of the review (Too Long Didn’t Read – I can be mouthy. *grin* You’ll find no spoilers here! No rating either – gotta read to the end for that!)
- Title, Series (with book #), and Author
- Recommended Reader Age and Sexual Content Level (is this something you want your teenage daughter reading or should you hide it away for yourself? *wink*)
- Related Authors & Similar Series
- The Premise of the book (an overview with as few spoilers as I can manage while still doing it justice)
- My Thoughts (on the book/series overall and random other things that don’t fit into a neat category)
- Recommendations (on other books to read if you liked it, and other authors to check out)
- Memorable Quotes from the book (to help illustrate an author’s writing style or sense of humor, or even a character quirk or funny moment – these will also never be spoilers unless otherwise marked!)
- My Review Rating (in the form of Stakes (STAKE IT!) for a score of 1-2 and Fangs (BITE IT!) for a score of 3-5)
- Related Links (to author/series websites and more)
About the author
I am the gamer girl, the teacher’s pet, a card-carrying geek. By degree, I am a Civil/Structural Engineer (Fightin’ Texas Aggie Class of ’00 WHOOP!) but by profession I am a software tester/makeup artist/jeweler (scratching your head yet? read on…! lol).
I have not enough time and too many things I want to fill it with. I have more interests than is healthy, and enough hobbies to keep a small village busy. When all of my friends were sitting down to watch SNL, I was watching ST:TNG with my family. Now, when all my friends are spending time with their kids at night, I’m logging time in WoW, levelling my army of crafter alts via Arch in pursuit of one of those elusive lvl 85 BoA epics (if you understood all that last part, /tiphat to you!).
Speaking of WoW, World of Warcraft to the uninitiated (or the “blessedly unaware” as we sometimes like to joke), I met my husband there in the original beta waaaaay back when, and we run a fairly large, genial, casual-hardcore Horde guild on the Spirestone server (link here). If you’re in the neighborhood, look us up and say hi!
As for reading, I’ve always been into Romance, but I can knock back a Fantasy or SciFi book just as fast and I do miss reading them sometimes. If you ever find yourself debating the line between the two, you and I could probably have a lengthy, animated chat (I promise, I don’t bite/scratch too hard, despite the red hair!). *smile*
So if I have so little time, why am I doing this? Why upkeep a blog along with the gazillion other things I’m supposed to be doing? I have NO idea! I just feel compelled. =) When I’m reading and something grabs me, I just start writing it down. If I *don’t* write it down, it nags at me until I can’t concentrate on what I’m reading! Once I’ve written it down, it seems a shame for it to go to waste, so here it is. I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but alas, my strengths lie in taking other people’s work and enhancing it or breaking it down into components.
So that’s my story. I hope you’ll stick around to read some of the real stories and come to love them as much as I have.
|Not yet a subscriber? If you liked this post and want to see more, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS feed below! WordPress and Email subscriptions are at the top of the sidebar.|
|Subscribe in a Reader|